We may be able to compensate you for loss of or damage to your items in our warehouse and when out for delivery, on a discretionary basis.
This service, Huboo Item Protection (HIP), comes in two forms.
1) Huboo Individual Item protection (HIIP)
This can be chosen for an individual item when adding a product to Huboo from the “Listings Not Yet With Huboo” section. There are four options.
This means we may compensate you up to the fixed amounts shown above (or the full sales value of the item, if lower) if your item is damaged or lost in transit or not delivered.
Selecting HIIP can work well if you stock items that vary greatly in price or fragility. You could opt to protect just expensive or fragile items, for instance.
2) Huboo Account Protection (HAP)
This can be set up by contacting us. HAP comes in two forms:
Under Option 1, we can compensate you for up to 50% of the sales value of items lost or damaged while in transit (including your shipping costs to customers), or not delivered, up to a maximum of £100 plus VAT per shipment. We cannot compensate for the fulfilment costs paid to Huboo for an order.
The cost of Option 1 is 1% of your total sales managed by Huboo. So if you sold £1,000 of goods next month fulfilled by Huboo, the cost of HAP for that month would be £10.
Under Option 2, we can compensate you for up to the full sales value of items lost or damaged in transit (including your shipping costs to customers), or not delivered, up to a maximum of £100 plus VAT per shipment. We will not repay the fulfilment costs paid to Huboo for an order.
This is charged at 2% of your total sales managed by Huboo. So if you sold £1,000 of goods next month fulfilled by Huboo, the cost of HAP for that month would be £20.
How much can I recover?
We will only pay compensation up to a maximum of £100 plus VAT per shipment (a shipment is defined as the combined contents of a single package with a single tracking number).
There is a cap of £1000 plus VAT claims pay out limit within any given calendar month.
When can I request compensation?
• For UK orders you must wait until 14 days after the expected delivery date to request compensation for loss or damage.
• For international orders you must wait until 31 days after the expected delivery date to request compensation for loss or damage.
How can I request compensation?
You will need to complete our Raise a Ticket form for each request, which will require the details outlined below:
• If items were damaged in transit, you will need to provide evidence of the damage (i.e. photographs).
• Where applicable, you will need to provide proof of refund to your customer(s).
When is compensation unavailable?
• We cannot accept compensation requests for goods lost in transit when courier tracking shows an order was delivered.
• You cannot make requests for cancelled orders without proof of refund.
• You cannot make any requests more than 31 days after the date when they first became possible (i.e. 45 days after shipment for UK orders and 62 days for international orders).
What happens if an item lost in transit is returned to Huboo?
If we compensate you for the loss or damage of an item that is later returned to sender at Huboo by the courier, we reserve the right to reverse the credit for that item (if it's in a re-saleable condition).
What happens if stock is lost, then found again?
In the unlikely event that any stock is lost before shipping, you can request compensation under the HAB. If the item(s) is later found, we reserve the right to reverse the credit.
Compensation is at our discretion
HIP is a discretionary service, in two senses.
Firstly, Huboo reserves the right to refuse HIP to any client, and to cancel HIP on any Huboo account at any time without prior notice.
Secondly, if HIIP or HAP has been added to an account, we will consider each request for compensation on its merits and decide whether to make an award at our sole discretion.
The factors we will take into account may include:
• The time that has elapsed since the shipment;
• Whether or not an item damaged in transit was sufficiently well packaged by the manufacturer for the shipment methods chosen by the client;
• In a case of damage, how serious the damage is;
• In a case of loss in transit/non-delivery, whether or not the carrier used for last mile delivery provided confirmation of delivery.
Fire and flood insurance
Please note that our warehouses are fully insured against fire and flooding. This means that in such an event, we may be able to offer more generous compensation depending on the insurance payout we receive.