Our warehouses are fully insured against fire, theft and flooding, but if you require more protection you can opt to protect your items by purchasing HIP (Huboo Item Protection). This protection covers your items in the warehouse and when out for delivery.
There are two main options for protection:a
1) Huboo Individual Item protection (HIIP). This can be chosen for an individual item when adding a product to huboo using the huboo dashboard. This covers the full sales value of the product if it is lost or damaged in the warehouse or in transit. Selecting HIIP can work well if you stock items that vary greatly in price or fragility. You could opt to protect just the expensive or fragile items for instance.
2) Huboo Account Protection (HAP) offers protection for all the items we hold for you and for all deliveries (loss and damage). This can be set up by contacting us. HAP comes in two levels:
- Level 1 offers protection for half of the sales value of items (typically this covers the cost of the goods). The cost of option 1 is 1% of your total sales managed by huboo. So if you sold £1000 of goods next month fulfilled by huboo, the cost of cover for that month would be £10. This not only covers the sold items against damage or loss in transit, but also all the items you have stored with us against breakage.
- Level 2 offers protection for the full sale value of items. This is charged at 2% of your total sales managed by huboo. So if you sold £1000 of goods next month fulfilled by huboo, the cost of cover for that month would be £20. This not only covers the sold items against damage or loss in transit, but also all the items you have stored with us against breakage.
When can I claim?
- For UK orders you must wait until 14 days after the expected delivery date to claim for goods lost or damaged in transit.
- For international orders you must wait until 31 days after the expected delivery date to claim for goods lost or damaged in transit.
How do I claim?
You will need to complete our Claims Form for all claims, which will require the details outlined below:
- For claims for items damaged in transit you will need to provide evidence of the damage (i.e. photographs)
- Where applicable, you will need to provide proof of refund to your customer(s)
When can I not claim?
- We cannot accept claims for goods lost in transit whereby courier tracking shows an order to be delivered.
- You cannot claim for cancelled orders without proof of refund.
What happens if an item lost in transit is returned to Huboo?
- If an item that has been credited through an insurance claim is later returned to sender at Huboo by the courier, we reserve the right to reverse the credit for that item (if it's in a re-saleable condition).
What happens if stock is lost in the Huboo warehouse?
- In the unlikely event that any stock is lost before shipping, you can claim for this loss. If the item(s) is later found, we reserve the right to reverse the credit.